How do you create effective, interesting and impactful data visualizations & infographics?
Best-selling author and data-designer David McCandless, founder of Information is Beautiful, offers you training on his *concept-driven* process and method for creating successful graphics and data-visuals
Participants have described these seminars as "awesome", "amazing" and "one of the best I’ve attended"
These fun, one-day (6 hours + breaks) introductory-level seminars are hosted online on Zoom with around 50-100 participants.
They are a mix of lecture & hands-on exercises with plenty of discussion.
David will present live, screen-share high quality visuals (naturally!) to explain creative processes which lead 'beyond the bar chart'
The concept-driven approach is tool-agnostic and can be used for many outputs: presentations, editorial, interactives, data-stories, apps, marketing materials, science communication etc.
Any experience level is welcome. Attendees will break into virtual breakout rooms to do creative exercises, alongside solo work.
Discounts are available for students, self-employed, health workers, furloughed, veterans, disabled and others.
Choose from a live event below or a pre-recorded streamable training.
current live events
USA TIMEZONEOct 21, 2021 Live Zoom Workshop
LOW-INCOME COUNTRIESNov 8, 2021 Live Zoom Workshop
Become a dataviz ninja!
Expect to learn:
- › Concepting and the generation of solid, interesting ideas ripe for visualization & infographics
- › Creation, selection and execution of appropriate & effective visualisations
- › Designing and beautifying charts & diagrams
And be broadly introduced to:
- › How to use dataviz as a lens for communicating ideas and stories
- › The many new methods and approaches for visualising data
- › The best current tools alongside optimal choices & practices
This workshop will be useful if you’re:
- › Translating written reports, research & messaging into visual graphics
- › Wanting to understand data journalism and story-telling with data
- › A words and ideas person looking to translate concepts into design language
- › A visual / design thinker wanting to expand your approach to include data
- › A data / code practitioner looking to improve aesthetics and conceptual prowess
Other optionsDavid is also available for private virtual online talks and interactive training seminars in a variety of formats and durations.
He has worked as a creative consultant on visualisation projects for Google and Microsoft, and trained teams at Delta, Salesforce, Accenture, JP Morgan and Apple.
If you’d like to discuss further please contact Ruth at Information is Beautiful.
We also now offer recordings of our Zoom training for streaming and learning-when-you-want. Find out more
David McCandless is a London-based author, data-journalist and information designer.
His information design work has appeared in hundreds of publications internationally and online including The Guardian, Wired, and the BBC.
He has worked as a creative consultant on visualisation projects for Apple, Google, and Microsoft and also for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. He has taught his concept-driven approach to data-visualisation to teams at SalesForce, JP Morgan, Delta and many others.www.davidmccandless.com