How do you create effective, interesting and impactful data visualizations & infographics?
Best-selling author and data-designer David McCandless, founder of Information is Beautiful, offers you training on his *concept-driven* process and method for creating successful graphics and data-visualsParticipants have described these seminars as "awesome", "amazing" and "one of the best I’ve attended".
See our hashtag #iibwab. More comments and reviews on our workshops feedback page.
These fun, one-day (6 hours + breaks) introductory-level seminars are hosted online on Zoom with around 70-100 participants.
They are a mix of lecture & hands-on exercises with plenty of discussion.
David will present live, screen-share high quality visuals (naturally!) to explain creative processes which lead 'beyond the bar chart'
The concept-driven approach is tool-agnostic and can be used for many outputs: presentations, interactives, data-stories, apps, marketing materials etc.
Any experience level is welcome. Attendees will break into virtual breakout rooms to do creative exercises, alongside solo work.
Discounts are available for students, self-employed, health workers, furloughed, veterans, disabled and others.
tickets & current events
UKJun 30, 2020 Zoom workshop
UKJul 7, 2020 Zoom workshop
EMEA/AsiaJul 14, 2020 Zoom workshop
USAJul 27, 2020 Zoom workshop
Become a dataviz ninja!
Expect to learn:
- › Concepting and the generation of solid, interesting ideas ripe for visualization & infographics
- › Creation, selection and execution of appropriate & effective visualisations
- › Designing and beautifying charts & diagrams
And be broadly introduced to:
- › How to use dataviz as a lens for communicating ideas and stories
- › The many new methods and approaches for visualising data
- › The best current tools alongside optimal choices & practices
This workshop will be useful if you’re:
- › Translating written reports, research & messaging into visual graphics
- › Wanting to understand data journalism and story-telling with data
- › A words and ideas person looking to translate concepts into design language
- › A visual / design thinker wanting to expand your approach to include data
- › A data / code practitioner looking to improve aesthetics and conceptual prowess
Other optionsDavid is also available for private virtual online talks and interactive training seminars in a variety of formats and durations.
He has worked as a creative consultant on visualisation projects for Google and Microsoft, and trained teams at Delta, JP Morgan and Apple.
If you’d like to discuss further please contact Ruth at Information is Beautiful.