We are thrilled to announce the winners of our annual celebration of beauty and excellence in dataviz — the 2023 Information is Beautiful Awards! This year’s winners were selected from a record-breaking 900 entries across nine categories and seven special awards.
Category Gold Awards
- Arts, Entertainment & Culture: Ripple Effect
- Business Analytics: How do we compare?
- Current Affairs & Politics: Britain’s shadowy border
- Humanitarian: Atlas of Sustainable Development Goals 2023
- Leisure, Games & Sport: LeBron James has captured the scoring title. We visualized every shot.
- People, Language & Identity: On Upward Mobility
- Places, Spaces & Environment: The collapse of insects
- Science, Technology & Health: Turkey’s toxic dust
- Unusual: Say “Cheese” with your Chart
» Don’t forget to check out the Special Awards winners (including your selection in the Community Vote!)
This year’s “most beautiful” honours goes to the winner of the ‘Humanitarian’ category — a profound and in-depth progress report of the whole world — World Bank’s Atlas of Sustainable Development Goals 2023.
Massive congrats to all the winners — and thank you for your amazing submissions! And a BIG thank you to our lovely judges for their time, effort and expertise. As always, none of this would have been possible without the dedicated team at the Data Visualization Society. See you all next year!