Great work out there. I’m a bit behind so I’m giving you a double dose of great infographics.
- Moon Flower – Dimitre Lima creates a beautiful poster of lunar cycles, shaping them organically and a silver-on-silkscreen finish.
- The Evolution Of Alphabets – Petrogylph – Heirogylph – Syllabic – Alphabet – Just awesome! (via)
- The Who-Where-Venn of Web Censorship – Evan You’s visualization piece on Internet Censorship is worth a look. Especially for the Venn, depicting the reasons for censorship. Twin it with this piece on internet access as a human right (from FloatingSheep).
- London On Sea – A sweet perspective on sea level rises using the tube map from PracticalAction.
- The United State Of Health – Slick interactive site offering comparisons on the quality of health care across the US. While the subject matter doesn’t exactly grab me, I loved the comparison engine. By RockFishInteractive.
- Data Done Right – Creative Review has a great showcase of the superb infographics featured in New York Magazine. Great examples of combining wit and info and graphics.
- An Exoplanet Atlas – Little thing we did for Wired about planets discovered in other solar systems. Can you spot the glaring error that slipped through 2 researchers, 3 designers and various editors?
- Breaking The Strain – Super-slow motion infovideo from GE showing the power of hybrid dynamic breaking. Not sure what information is being conveyed to me here. But I’m mesmerised.
and one for luck
- An infographic magazine – A new mag with the minimum of text. Hmmm, sounds familiar… From Golden Section Graphics
You can follow my shares: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/david.mccandless or follow @infobeautiful